Energy Storage for Microgrids
Energy storage enables microgrids to respond to variability or loss of generation sources. A variety of considerations need to be factored into selecting and integrating the right energy storage system into your microgrid. Getting it wrong is an expensive and dangerous mistake.
S&C has more experience integrating energy storage systems than any other microgrid provider, with 189 MWh of energy storage experience throughout the world. We specialize in guiding you through the complexity of energy storage so your system operates efficiently and adapts to the grid of tomorrow.
7MW ▪ 3MWh ▪ Lithium-ion
Powering a village and the U.S.’s largest yogurt factory
.25MW ▪ .5MWh ▪ Lithium-ion
The first investor-owned utility microgrid on an active feeders
.5MW ▪ 2MWh ▪ Lithium-ion
Improving power quality in Australia’s outback
2MW ▪ 2.2MWh ▪ Lithium-ion
Islanding and peak shaving in rural Australia
Catalina Island, California
1MW ▪ 7MWh ▪ Sodium-sulfur
Reducing emissions and providing back-up power on Catalina Island
Charleston, W. Virginia
1.2MW ▪ 8.4MWh ▪ Sodium-sulfur
North America’s first MW-class sodium-sulfur battery
Project Install Video
Watch the installation of the Ameren project, the first investor-owned utility micgrogrid on an active feeder.
- Some Power Utility Considerations Post-Maria for Puerto Rico
- From Supplying Current to Supplying Voltage, a Look at the Future Grid
- Two-Way Power Flow Isn’t ‘Coming’—It’s Already Been Affecting the Grid for Years
- 4 Ways to Manage the Changing Grid
- Customers Turn to Social Media to Vent on Momentary Outages: How Should Utilities React?
- ESA 2017 Sets Aggressive Industry Goals for the Coming Years
- Are You Looking After Your Renewable Substation?
- Beware of Energy Storage Packagers!
- Battery Energy Storage Insurance: Are Newer, Unproven Chemistries Worth the Risk?
- S&C’s Jill Cainey Receives Queens Birthday Honors for Energy Storage Work
- The Smart Way to Upgrade Your Energy Storage System
- Look for Solar, Natural Gas, and Energy Storage to Drive the U.S. Energy Market
- The 8 Things Often Missed with Energy Storage Projects