At S&C, everyone is essential.
We believe diverse, inclusive teams empower each other to innovate and do their best work. Together, we drive for equity to build meaningful, challenging careers and to care for our communities and each other. We celebrate our successes, learn and grow from our mistakes, and inspire each other to create the grid—and workplace—of the future.
With team members across the globe and spanning five generations, S&C embodies a culture of respect for all people, regardless of ethnicity, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, or diversity of thought.
- 58% of S&C's U.S. workforce is racially diverse. When analyzing hourly and salaried team member populations separately, the racial diversity of these groups is 75% and 40% respectively.
- 32% of team members in leadership positions are racially diverse.
- 54% of new hires are racially diverse.
- 19% of S&C's global team members are women. When analyzing hourly and salaried team member populations separately, the gender diversity of these groups is 16% and 23% respectively.
- 18% of team members in leadership positions are women.
- 26% of new hires are women.
- 48% of global team members are Millennials or younger.
- 28% of global team members are Generation X.
- 24% of global team members are Baby Boomers or older. - Team member ages range from 19 to 85 years.
S&C continues to prioritize several initiatives to increase the overall diversity of our workforce, including:
- Broadening our talent pools and developing strategic relationships to attract diverse candidates
- Increasing awareness of and participation in our team member affinity groups, development programs, and other resources to help maintain the diversity of our existing workforce and provide a place for team members to feel appreciated, accepted, and supported
While we are proud of the progress we have made, we recognize there is still work to be done. Looking ahead, we will continue to take action to increase the overall diversity of our workforce, especially within leadership teams and salaried positions.
This skills-based, on-the-job training program promotes upward career mobility for production team members while striving to ensure competitive wages. The Work Elements program reinforces our culture of performance and versatility and builds skill flexibility and knowledge.
Hand Raise Application
This online platform enables production team members to “raise their hand” for additional development and growth opportunities. When paired with our Work Elements program, the Hand Raise application is a tool for team members to accelerate their career growth.
Development plans encourage conversations between team members and leaders to identify career goals and skill-building opportunities and then create action plans to address those objectives.
This three-phase program (Launch, Elevate, Accelerate) supports team members throughout their leadership journey, helping leaders understand their strengths and leadership styles through ongoing coaching and support.
Operational Excellence in Leadership
Rolled out in 2021, this program allows production floor leaders to develop skills through on-the-job coaching in problem-solving and operational improvements.
Equal Opportunity and Respect in the Workplace
S&C supports diversity and equal opportunity in employment. All employment decisions are based on job-related criteria such as skill, ability, and experience.
S&C team members are expected to treat others professionally and with respect. They are also expected to maintain a working environment free from the damaging effects of harassment and discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or marital status.