Solutions for Grid Connectivity
S&C’s comprehensive portfolio of communication systems products and services are well suited for a wide range of Smart Grid applications, including:
- Advanced Metering Infrastructure
- Distribution Automation
- Workforce Mobility
- Distribution Management Systems
- Outage Management Systems
- Energy Management Systems
- Volt-VAR Management Systems
- Demand Response
- Renewable Energy Generation and Storage Management
- Area Networks (MAN, DAN, WAN, LAN)
- Network Security
- Video Surveillance
S&C’s communication devices provide the reliable, high-throughput, low-latency communication required by many Smart Grid applications.
- SpeedNet™ Radio
S&C’s SpeedNet™ Radio makes real-time information and power exchange a reality. Combining secure long-range communication, high-volume data transmission, and flexible mesh networking, SpeedNet Radios vastly improve the performance of private-network utility radio systems.
- SpeedNet™ ME Mesh End-Point Radio
SpeedNet™ ME Mesh End-Point Radio is specifically targeted for the communication needs of end-node SCADA devices. It provides a fast link to its next-hop neighbor(s), which can be a SpeedNet™ Repeater Radio, as part of a SpeedNet Radio mesh network or the actual destination.
- SpeedNet™ SDR Software Defined Radios
SpeedNet™ SDR Software Defined Radios are Ethernet radios equipped for high-volume data transmission, enabling automation in difficult-to-access areas. They optimize parameters across three axes: power output, channel size, and modulation.
Communication Controls and Software
S&C’s communication controls and software provide advanced monitoring and management to optimize network performance, reliability, and security.
- IntelliTeam® CNMS Communication Network Management System
IntelliTeam CNMS provides utilities with a comprehensive view of network topology and performance through a browser-based interface. It lets users monitor S&C SpeedNet™ Radio networks of all sizes using real-time and archived data. An advanced solution, IntelliTeam CNMS enables the highly reliable communication needed for a smarter grid.
Leveraging our extensive expertise in control and communication systems for electric utilities, S&C can provide a range of consulting services to meet your specific needs, including:
- System engineering and design. We can specify the appropriate radios, as well as remote terminal units, terminal servers, and networking equipment . . . from the feeder all the way to your corporate network.
- Installation and commissioning. S&C engineers can install and configure hardware and software, ensuring that your project start-up goes smoothly.
- Field surveys. S&C can perform topographical analyses, along with site surveys, to verify that your communication network is functioning reliably.
- Network migration planning. S&C can assist with communication product retrofits and upgrades that provide heightened functionality.