SpeedNet™ SDR Software Defined Radios
Reliable transmission, powerful multi-level security and environmental
Ethernet radio equipped for high-volume data transmission enables automation in difficult-to-access areas
The S&C SpeedNet SDR Software Defined Radio is available in the 400-MHz and 900-MHz licensed bands. Both bands support a single-channel and a dual-channel radio. These software-defined radios optimize parameters across three axes: power output, channel size, and modulation. SpeedNet SDR Radios offers performance second to none in the commercial market today. Their over-the-air data rate provides the bandwidth that can actually enable Ethernet connectivity, which provides easier application-integration support, including emerging automation applications.
SpeedNet SDR Radios use a mesh routing protocol to eliminate single-point network failures, and they use S&C expertise in high-speed/low-latency communication systems to meet the needs of the IntelliTeam® SG Automatic Restoration System and advanced grid applications.
SpeedNet SDR Radios are AES 256-bit encryption upgradeable, and they provide password-authentication and VLAN-network segregation.
- -40°C to +70°C operating temperature range
- 95% operating humidity @ 40°C noncondensing
- UL Class 1 Div 2 & approved, ETSI certified
Unmatched Standard Features
- 400-MHz and 900-MHz Radios. The 400-MHz SpeedNet SDR 4 and SpeedNet SDR 4×4 Radios have a wide operating band: 406-430 MHz, 450-470 MHz FCC/IC, and 450-470 MHz ETSI. The 900-MHz SpeedNet SDR 9 and SpeedNet SDR 9×9 Radios operate in the 928-960 MHz MAS band.
- Second Radio Module (optional). In the same enclosure, a second radio can double bandwidth or bridge to another network on the same or different band for enhanced repeater functionality in support of a frequency-reuse plan.
- Ethernet Switch. Two independent Ethernet ports come with full VLAN support and can be configured as access ports, trunks, or mixed.
- Serial Bridge. SpeedNet SDR Radios can be seamlessly integrated for hybrid networks using both Ethernet and legacy serial devices.
- Programmable Channel Size. SpeedNet SDR Radios can adapt to regulations around the globe and maximize data throughput accordingly.
- Programmable Power Output. The 400-MHz SpeedNet SDR Radio supports 100 mW to 2 W (+20 dBm to +33 dBm) output power, and the 900-MHz SpeedNet SDR Radio supports 100 mW to 3 W (+20 dBm to +35 dBm) output power.
- Adjustable modulation. SpeedNet SDR Radios support variable data-transfer rates. Up to two channels are supported with the dual-channel SpeedNet SDR 4×4 and SpeedNet SDR 9×9 Radios.
- Mesh-routing protocol. SpeedNet SDR Radios support automatic mesh routing, which eliminates single-point network failures.