PMX™ Modular Metal-Enclosed Switchgear
A unique alternative to conventional switchgear
With ratings of 13.8 kV and 25 kV, S&C PMX Switchgear combines the solid features of S&C System II Modular Metal-Enclosed Switchgear with the size and economic benefits of S&C Pad-Mounted Gear
Fault protection is provided by the full range of permanently accurate S&C Power Fuses including the S&C Fault Fiter® Electronic Power Fuse.
Each module is designed to withstand the rigorous “poke-and-pry” test required of all Pad-Mounted Gear (ANSI C57.12.28). This, combined with the low-profile and compact size, allows PMX Switchgear to be installed in areas accessible to the public without special site considerations.
PMX Switchgear features include:
- Fully-rated for 600 amperes main bus and up to 25 kA fault current — handles the switching and protection needs of most applications.
- Modular construction — any number of modules can be combined, along with metering or cable entrance modules, to create a lineup that’s right for your application.
- Enhanced fuse handling option — PMX Switchgear utilizes an adaptation of S&C’s patented TransFuser™ Fuse Mountings, which effortlessly unlatches and pivots to the open position, making the de-energized and isolated fuse accessible for replacement.
- Compartmentalization available — optional barriers separate cable termination sections from the main bus and switching sections.
- Ideal for remote supervisory and automatic source-transfer applications — entrance modules can be furnished with power-operated switches and Micro-AT® Source-Transfer Control or 6802 Automatic Switch Control.
- Easy to install, anywhere — with its compact size, siting PMX Switchgear is easy. It’s designed for outdoor installation, so valuable in-plant real estate isn’t needed. PMX Switchgear is 64" tall at 13.8 kV and 76" tall at 25 kV
|kV||Mini-Rupter Switch, Amperes||Fuse||Short-Circuit, Amperes, RMS, Sym.|
|Nom.||Max||BIL||Main Bus||Load Dropping||Type||Amperes Max.|
|13.8||17.0||95||600||600||SM-20, SME-20||200E♣||14 000|
|SM-4Z, SME-4Z||200E||12 500|
|Fault Fiter||600||25 000|
|SM-40, SME-40||400E||25 000|
|25||27♥||125||600||400||SM-20, SME-20||200E♣||12 500|
|SM-4Z, SME-4Z||200E||9 400♦|
|Fault Fiter||600||25 000|
|SM-40, SME-40||400E||20 000|
♠ For 50-Hz ratings, consult your nearest S&C Sales Office.
♥ 25-kV models equipped with SM-40 Power Fuses or Fault Fiter Electronic Power Fuses are rated 29 kV max.
♣ SMU-20 Fuse Units are available in ratings through 200K as well as 200E amperes.
♦ Rating is 12,500 amperes RMS symmetrical when applied on solidly grounded-neutral systems only with fuses connected by single-conductor, concentric-neutral type cable (or directly coupled) to a transformer or transformers.
Manually Operated Feeder Module
Through-Bus Meter Module
Source-Transfer Entrance Module
Remote-Supervisory Entrance Module
Instruction Sheet 627-500.pdf [English, 1394 KB, 4/11/2005]
S&C PMX Modular Metal-Enclosed SwitchgearOutdoor Distribution (13.8 kV and 25 kV)Instructions for Installation
Instruction Sheet 627-501.pdf [English, 836 KB, 4/11/2005]
S&C PMX Modular Metal-Enclosed Switchgear - Outdoor Distribution (13.8 kV and 25 kV), Instructions for Operation
Instruction Sheet 627-800.pdf [English, 530 KB, 7/13/2009]
S&C Manual PMX Modular Metal-Enclosed Switchgear