S&C Publishes Its 2020 ‘Corporate Responsibility Report’
In conjunction with Earth Day, S&C Electric Company is pleased to announce the release its 2020 “Corporate Responsibility Report.” This document is packed with information and supportive data related to S&C’s global conservation and environmental-protection initiatives, efforts to maintain a healthy work environment and workforce, and notable company and team-member projects that support our local communities.
Key highlights in the report regarding S&C initiatives and accomplishments in 2019:
• S&C was named the No. 10 best workplace in the large employer category among businesses in the Chicago area.
• Being a diverse, equal-opportunity, majority-minority company, 67% of S&C’s workforce at its main manufacturing facility in Chicago, and 64% across all of its locations globally, were represented by women and persons of color.
• S&C spent more than $1 million on activities supporting community development and health services, arts and culture, and education.
• S&C avoided sending 96% of trash to landfills and diverted 30 million pounds from landfills in 2019.
• The company composted a record 39.4 tons of waste at its main manufacturing facility in Chicago.
• S&C reduced SF6 emissions by 40%, or 16,000 tons.
• The company cut volatile organic compound production by 93.9%.
• S&C reduced hazardous air pollutant production by 62.2%.
Also in 2019, compared to the previous year:
• The Days Away, Restricted, and Job Transfer (DART) rate fell to 0.32 from 0.57.
• The Total Case Incidence Rate (TCIR) fell 1.07 from 1.35.
• Total hand-injury incidents dropped to 60 from 78.
A global provider of reliability solutions for the electric grid, S&C is committed to corporate diversity and sustainability not just through its internal operations, but also through the products and services it offers that help integrate renewable generation into the grid.
S&C Electric Company
Data de Publicação
abril 22, 2020