S&C Publishes Its 2017 ‘Corporate Responsibility Report’
In conjunction with Earth Day 2018, S&C Electric Company is pleased to announce the release its 2017 “Corporate Responsibility Report.” Formerly known as the company’s “Sustainability Report,” this document is packed with information and supportive data related to S&C’s global conservation and environmental-protection initiatives, efforts to maintain a healthy work environment and workforce, and notable company and team-member projects that support our local communities.
Among the key 2017 initiatives and accomplishments, S&C:
• Spent more than $1 million on activities supporting community development and health services, arts and culture, and education
• Facilities in Chicago; Franklin, Wisconsin; Alameda, California; West Palm Beach, Florida; and Suzhou, China, became certified or recertified as compliant with the latest ISO 14001:2015 environmental-management standard
• Provided $355,000 in tuition reimbursements to its team members
• Avoided sending 94.4% of its waste from its main manufacturing facility in Chicago to landfill
• Recycled 8.6 million pounds of scrap metal, the equivalent to eight Airbus A380 airplanes
• Composted 63,833 pounds of food waste and associated food containers
• Reduced its water use by 10% from 2016
• Cut its electricity use relative to production by 7% and its natural gas use by 2% from 2016
A global provider of reliability solutions for the electric grid, S&C is committed to sustainability not just through its internal operations, but also through the products and services it offers that help integrate renewable generation into the grid.
Download S&C’s 2017 “Corporate Responsibility Report” to learn more about what S&C doing to protect the Earth and its team members, and to support local communities.
四月 20, 2018