Scada-Mate CX Switches are available in three mounting configurations: upright, upright compact (alley arm), and tiered-outboard, accommodating the most widely used over-head-distribution line configurations. Switches in the upright mounting configuration are also available with extra mounting-pole clearance.
Upright Compact Configuration (shown with optional visible-break disconnect)
Switch Controls and Operators
6800 Series Automatic Switch Controls
6800 Series Automatic Switch Controls combine sophisticated automatic control schemes with RTU functionality, data logging, and advanced communication capabilities in one integrated package. Models are available for overhead distribution applications that can automate one, two, or three pole-mounted or pedestal-mounted switches or fault-interrupting devices. Models are also available for underground distribution applications in pad-mounted gear that can likewise automate one, two, or three switches or fault-interrupting devices.
The 6801 Automatic Switch Controls features:
- Automatic sectionalizing based on factors such as overcurrent, loss of voltage, or phase unbalance
- Data logging, including overcurrent faults and daily high/low values
- Stand-alone or SCADA operation
- Support for a wide variety of communication hardware and software protocols
- Sophisticated power supply/battery system
- Compatible with the IntelliTeam® SG Automatic Restoration System
- Easy-to-use IntelliLink® Setup Software
Communication and Control Units
S&C Communication and Control Units are custom-engineered controls specifically designed for use with Scada-Mate CX™ Switches and Scada-Mate® Switches. They accommodate most user-specified remote terminal units and communication devices, and are generally used in distribution automation and other Smart Grid applications that don’t involve the IntelliTeam® SG Automatic Restoration System.
S&C Communication and Control Units have been extensively tested to ensure reliable operation in the harshest environments. Two versions are available. Communication and Control Unit—Self-Powered features a temperature-compensated constant-voltage battery charger that’s powered by an S&C Voltage Sensor. Communication and Control Unit—Externally Powered features a high-output, temperature-compensated, constant-voltage battery charger with a unique battery management system that’s powered by a user-supplied 120-Vac source.
Both versions include the following features as standard:
- Switch control with open/close push buttons, switch-position indicating lamps, disconnect closed-and-latched indicating lamp, local/remote switch, and operation counter.
- Integral load-disconnect circuitry that prevents deep discharge of batteries on loss of ac source, plus alarms for loss of ac source, battery low voltage, or charger overvoltage. The battery-load test feature works in conjunction with suitably equipped RTUs.
- Rechargeable sealed-lead starved-electrolyte battery packs.
- Rugged 316L stainless-steel enclosure.