Offering 25 kW for one, two, or three hours, PureWave CES has enough capacity to supply power to a group of customers for the duration of most typical outages. Deployment of these units on a broad scale will significantly improve your customer minutes served — an important index of grid reliability — while greatly reducing your emergency dispatch costs. With its ability to utilize buried distributed batteries, the PureWave CES provides a small footprint that does not change as the energy storage is scaled.
PureWave CES Design Features
- Maintenance-free power electronics comply with IEEE 1547 and UL 1741
- SCADA radio control
- Real-time analog/digital input/output
- Hard-wired bypass available for installation and maintenance
- Status and control panel
- Supports multiple customers for hours
- Momentary outage is barely perceptible
- Customers are isolated from repeated operations and transients
- Seamless return-to-normal
- Customers experience “premium” power
- Reduced SAIDI. Power is maintained to customers
- Reduced MAIFI/SAIFI. Customers experience one or zero operations
- After an interruption, system experiences reduced load, reduced inrush
- System can be set for staged return, reducing cold load pickup
Turn to S&C as your power partner. We offer the latest energy technologies that will reduce your service costs. Contact your local S&C sales office for more information.
IntelliTeam® DEM Distributed Energy Management System
With a IntelliTeam DEM Distributed Energy Management System, large aggregations of PureWave CES units can act as a “distributed power plant.” This integrated system can provide the equivalent reserve of a peaking power plant, at a fraction of the cost and with much greater flexibility in meeting distribution system capacity constraints. The installed base of units affords voltage control at multiple points across a feeder, which can substantially reduce losses . . . another major goal of the Smart Grid.
IntelliTeam DEM System Features:
- State-of-the-art energy dispatch
- DNP communication supports SCADA
- Convenient real-time and archival data storage
- Seamless integration with all central office systems
- User-authenticated log-in/log-out maintains system security
An installed base of PureWave CES units also facilitates integration of the community’s renewable power sources into the grid, permitting this generation to be dispatched when it's needed . . . yet another goal of the Smart Grid.
It buffers the outputs from these sources and helps the grid handle peak power demands caused by loads such as plug-in electric vehicles. The IntelliTeam DEM Distributed Energy Management System includes a self-contained, rack-mounted controller that can be installed in a central office or substation.